Its Social Work England registration renewal time from 1st September 2023
Social Workers in England are required by law to undertake, reflect and record on a minimum of 2 pieces of CPD as part of registration renewal, one of which must include reflection with a peer. If you have not yet completed this, then we are hosting a webinar and peer reflection event on 26th September 2023 6pm-7.30 pm online
The event is free if you are subscribed to our learning and development portals, and when you are logged in you will see options to get a free ticket
Non members the fee is £6.00 ( inclusive of VAT)
If you take out membership after this event, you can get a refund on your first 12 months of membership to our learning and development portal.
To book your place visit the event page
The link will be sent out on before the event.
A reminder of the guidance given :
Remember the top tips from the CPD sessions we have delivered:
- Consider CPD more widely: CPD is not just about courses, or e learning
- Make an appointment with yourself: What day will you set aside over the next few days to upload your CPD and renew?
- A peer can include another social worker, your manager, or a professional who has a good understanding of social work.
Social Work England also has some useful guidance on meeting the CPD requirements
If you are a member on any of our learning and development pages, you can access free resources and e learning, as well as access tools to support you with your CPD.
Not a member yet? then join now, and access tools, free and discounted CPD to support you with your personal and professional development
This workshop seeks to provide some useful tips and tools on how to meet the CPD standards, as required by Social Work England.
By the end of the session participants will
- To talk through the CPD requirements
- To work through examples on how to meet the requirement meet the CPD requirements for Social Work England
- To enable delegates to reflect on CPD with a peer in the session.
- Carol Stewart, Director/Founder of Chinara Enterprises Ltd. She undertakes workforce development, training, coaching, mentoring, team building and event management. Chinara Enterprises Ltd was registered as a limited company in 2008.
- Carol is a registered social worker of over 30 yrs., working across adults and children’s social care.
- Carol has been facilitating these CPD workshops for social workers for several years and has developed tools to support social workers with their CPD on the Chinara Enterprises learning and development platform.
Chinara Enterprises is really proud to be taking part in Social Work England Social Work week again this year.
This year we will be hosting an event focussing on best practice in supporting social workers return to social work practice.
We will hear from:
- The Local Government Association, who led the national programmes
- Kings College London, Making Research Count and Chinara Enterprises Ltd team who developed and ran the learning and development programme for the national programmes
- Previous returners
This programme will be of benefit to :
- Social workers who have been out of practice 2 years or more, and need advice and guidance on how to return
- Employers who are exploring other innovative recruitment strategies, and want to learn more about how to get involved.
The seminar takes place on Monday 20th March from 10-12 online
Click here to book
We look forward to seeing you
Social Work England: Social Work week event
Local authorities across the country continue to struggle to recruit experienced social workers.
This seminar will be sharing learning from the training and development programme delivered for social workers returning to social work practice. We will explore the benefits of such programmes, and how they can aid recruitment.
We shall be reflecting on what works, sharing our successes from the training programme, and hear from previous participants.
This seminar will be of benefit to social workers wishing to return and employers of social workers
Who can attend?
All qualified social workers who would like to know more about returning to social work practice, having left the register and wish to re-register, or those who are registered and need support with getting back into practice.
Employers of social workers who would like to find out how they can tap into this untapped workforce
Facilitators: Carol Stewart
Carol is Director of Chinara Enterprises ltd, and a registered social worker of over 25 years. She has been managing learning and development programmes for the LGA Return to Social Work national programme She is also a senior workforce development consultant, and the company has been delivering CPD for social workers for 15 years
Professor Jil Manthorpe and James Blewett of Kings College London
Suzanne Hudson: Senior Advisor: Workforce and Policy : The Local Government Association
Members of the Chinara Enterprises team and previous participants will also be sharing their experience
All social workers registered with Social Work England are required to maintain and evidence their CPD before the annual renewal deadline in November each year.
From 1st December 2021 the following changes have been made about meeting the CPD requirements:
To meet the CPD requirements, you must record:
- a minimum of 2 pieces of CPD, including
- at least one piece of CPD with a peer reflection.
This event aims to :
Provide a reflective space for you to reflect on your CPD. The session will enable you to
- Discuss what you have learnt from completing CPD, using one of your own examples
- the positive impact the CPD activity has had (or will have) on your role, practice and the people you work with
Attending this event will not only support you in meeting the requirements for peer reflection, but will also count as 1 of the 2 pieces of CPD you are required to undertake
To prepare for this event, please come prepared with at least one piece of CPD you have undertaken
Who can attend ?
All registered Social Workers
Facilitator : Carol Stewart
Carol is Director of Chinara Enterprises ltd, and a registered social worker of over 25 years. She has been running these events for a number of years and supporting social workers in meeting the CPD requirements for the social work regulator.