- Jill is Professor of Social Work at King’s College London, Director of the Social Care Workforce Research Unit and NIHR Senior Investigator Emeritus.
- She is involved in advisory work for the Department of Health and Social Care on several subjects and works closely with several social care employers to link research and practice.
- Within King’s College London, Jill supervises post-graduate and doctoral students. Jill is a Trustee of the Centre for Policy on Ageing and Patron of the Greater London Forum of Older People.
Professor Manthorpe was made Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences in March 2015.
- James is an experienced qualified social worker who has great experience in CPD and practice mentoring. James has run London MRC for over 20 years and is widely respected in the London social work workforce sector. He brings a wealth of experience in supporting individual social workers and offering them guidance about practice and professional conduct.
- Since 2001 James has been the London co-ordinator for Making Research Count, an innovative national research dissemination project. Now based at the unit, MRC seeks to promote knowledge-based practice through partnerships between universities and local health and social care agencies.
- James has written a number of social work publications: