- This event has passed.
13th September 2021 @ 15:30 - 17:00£35.00
We are pleased to be collaborating with Making Research Count, King’s College London to offer discounted places on the following webinars
Pre-Birth Assessments Monday 13 September 2021, 3.30 – 5.00pm
Pre-birth assessments are an area of practice that can raise profound ethical and professional challenges. Assessing parenting before the birth of a child requires a very clear framework for understanding parenting, and great care has to be taken as to what is considered ‘evidence’ in the assessment process. This webinar will cover:
- An overview of the research and policy-based literature that is relevant to pre-birth assessments;
- A conceptual framework for undertaking pre-birth assessment with families in these circumstances;
- The meaning of child centred practice in pre-birth assessments;
- An understanding of how we can practice in both a humane and strengths-based manner that promotes parenting capacity and partnership practice with families in pre-birth assessments;
- Key inter agency issues and how we can work effectively as multi–disciplinary groups of professionals to promote positive outcomes in pre-birth assessments.
Each workshop is £35 +VAT for members only