Practice Educator Chinara Enterprises Associate, Author
Elly is a currently practising social worker experienced in adult mental health statutory social work, she is also a qualified Best Interest Assessor and Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP). She is based in London and has worked in the third sector and several London local authorities. She has particular interests in mental capacity, peer support and reflection for social workers, and creative approaches in social work. Elly trained via the Think Ahead social work programme and now sits on the Think Ahead alumni steering group.
To get the best experience please view this course on PC, Laptop or Tablets
This course has been developed to provide an overview of some of the different terminology used in adult social care in England.
It will also provide an overview of some useful resources in West Sussex. This e learning has been designed to support social workers recruited from overseas to work in adult social care in West Sussex, and has been commissioned by West Sussex County Council.
- Understand key terms and abbreviations used within adult social care
- Be able to use and understand these terms in context
- Know where to look for further information or to check in future
[urcr_restrict access_role ="all_logged_in_users"]
Useful resources and further reading
We have listed below some additional reading to aid you further on this topic. When you click on any of the links, a new window will open that will take you to that page.
- Mental Capacity Act code of practice
- What is the Mental Capacity Act? Care and support NHS guidance
- Social care and support guide: Making decisions for someone else. Mental Capacity Act
- SCIE guidance supporting people to make their own decisions
- Alzheimers Society Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards ( DoLs) information and useful guidance.uk